Dear FORTE Member,
During these last two years the Federation Of Orthopaedic Trainees in Europe (FORTE) has been organizing fellowships developed for residents and young surgeons around a specific topic.
For 2022 one of the topics of choice will be Knee Surgery and one of the countries chosen is Portugal.
During this period the residents will have the opportunity to visit different hospitals located in Portugal. Visiting residents will be exposed to a variety of surgical procedures and will also be actively involved in discussions on several topics regarding Knee disorders. The Knee surgeons from the participating hospitals are highly appreciated in their work and will contribute with their scientific knowledge and technical expertise. Overall, it will be a busy and interesting period, one will never forget.
Participants: Two fellows (residents or young specialists)
Date: Two weeks, from 18th September to 1st October 2022
Location: Lisbon, Oporto; Braga, Faro and Santarém
Accommodation, travelling in the country and meals will be fully covered. Flight plans are not covered by the grant.
Via email at email@example.com, and the requirements are:
- Residents or Young specialist in Orthopaedics. Priority will be given to last year residents and young surgeons under 35.
- FORTE Membership updated
- Motivation letter (interest and experience in knee pathology)
- CV and two letters of recommendation
- Be prepared to submit a written report and evaluation form after the program
Goals of the program
- Visit different high-level centers in Portugal, public and private
- Surgical exposure to a wide variety of procedures
- Case based discussion and seminars with the experts
- ACL and ligament reconstruction
- Patellofemoral disorders
- Knee deformities and correction
- Partial Knee replacements
- Revision TKA
- Scientific Research
- Sports Medicine
Hospital Particular do Algarve, Faro
Hospital de Santo António, Oporto
Hospital da Trofa, Braga
Hospital Beatriz Ângelo, Loures
Hospital da Luz, Lisbon
Hospital CUF Descobertas, Lisbon
Hospital CUF Santarém, Lisbon
Human Performance Department Sport Lisboa e Benfica, Lisbon
Applications are now open via firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t miss this opportunity, become a FORTE member and apply for this fantastic programme.
Deadline 1st July.