SOFCOT AWARDS FELLOWSHIP GRANTS
Applications are examined every 6 months in June and in December. Applications must be received by SOFCOT at least 6 months before the planned stay.
Next session: 15th of December 2017
For European and Non-European candidates
Stipend: 10 000 € (6 months) or 20 000 € (1 year)
SOFCOT awards financial assistance to facilitate the stay of young foreign orthopaedic surgeons in France.
Required academic level: current specialist qualification training or qualified surgeon. Candidates must be under 40 years of age. Grants are awarded for a maximum period of 12 months. Candidates may participate in care activities, depending on the regulations of the host institution.
Applications are sent to SOFCOT (by post, in 2 copies) and MUST include the following:
- Complete curriculum vitae
- Letter from the sponsoring Department Head
- Certificate of capacity in French delivered by the Cultural Service of the French Embassy
- Detailed plan of stay, including desired accommodations
- Work project
- Acceptance letter from the host Department Head, a SOFCOT member who agrees to welcome the candidate within the framework of a scientific project planned to lead to a publication or a SOFCOT contribution.
- Financial plan (expected or received funding other than the SOFCOT grant)
Candidates agree to send a report of their fellowship and work to SOFCOT (6 pages + illustrations). Grant recipients and stipends are determined by the SOFCOT bureau. Grants do not comprise taxable income in that they correspond to complementary training and do not comprise remuneration for work accomplished. The first payment will be 80% of the stipend, the remaining 20% being paid at reception of the report (maximum 3 months from the end of the fellowship).
Stipend 500 € + free access to the SOFCOT congress
Ten 500 € grants plus free access to the congress are awarded every year to foreign surgeons. Candidates can receive only one SOFCOT congress grant.
Applications are sent to SOFCOT and MUST include the following:
- Be under 40 years at the start of the Congress and residence outside France
- Application received by SOFCOT 4 months before the Congress including:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of recommendation from a SOFCOT member with the same nationality
- 3-page topo written in French detailing outstanding work, different from thesis
56, rue Boissonade – 75014 PARIS
Telephone: 01 43 22 47 54 – Fax: 01 43 22 46 70