FORTE Summer School 2018
EBOT Exam is growing in interest every year, although proper educational material and specific educational events for preparation are still missing.
Following the success of the first two Summer Schools held in Faro, FORTE Summer School is heading for its 3rd edition. It is already a huge success with a high satisfaction index from both participants and faculty in the past editions. The two courses that we supply are of huge assistance for both junior and senior trainees, whether they are starting their career of preparing for their final EBOT Exams.
FORTE Summer School provides an accessible educational opportunity for all European trainees, during any stage of their progression through their training. One of its main goals is to aid the preparation for the EBOT exam, open to residents in their last two years of training (applying or not to the Exam). The other critical goal is to provide a comprehensive general review course, open to residents in all years of training and young orthopaedic surgeons, below the age of 40.
The format of the event is designed to enable time for study and most importantly, an environment and setting that would enable informal exchange of clinical and training experiences, case discussions and network between participants and faculty.
The event will occur from July 2nd to 6th, 2018.
DURATION AND CONTENT
The 2 independent courses are run in parallel and last from Monday to Friday:
Exam preparation course (advanced – for trainees preparing fro their final exam)
Comprehensive Review Course – CRC (general – for all trainees)
After the sessions, workshops, individual or group study time will be provided, as well as facultative social activities. Evening programs will consist of educational activities in an informal way, promoting network between participants.
FORTE Summer School 2018 will be held in Milan (Italy):
- University Campus (Humanitas), which includes a Faculty of Medicine, will provide an educational environment
- Golf Hotel Milano, hotel with triple rooms for accommodation, www.golfhotelmilano.com
COLLABORATION WITH EFORT
Scientific organization is supported by FORTE together with Specialty Societies, in collaboration with EFORT’s Scientific Program Group.
FACULTY AND COLLABORATION WITH SPECIALTY AND NATIONAL SOCIETIES
Specialty societies will provide the expert faculty:
- Basic Science: European Orthopaedic Research Society (EORS);
- Upper Limb: European Shoulder Association (SECEC); and Federation of European Societies for Surgery of the Hand (FESSH);
- Lower Limb:European Hip Society (EHS), ESSKA and European Foot and Ankle Association (EFAS);
- Children Orthopaedics and Tumors: European Pediatrics Orthopedic Society (EPOS); European Musculoskeletal Oncology Society (EMSOS).
SOCIAL PROGRAM AND DINNER SESSIONS
– Monday: Sightseeing bus with Pizza Night Dinner and Evening Sessions
– Tuesday: Winery visit with dinner
– Wednesday: Wakeboard with dinner at Navigle and Evening Sessions
– Thursday: Free afternoon with optional workshops, hotel dinner with Evening Sessions and Goodbye celebration
- Course Registration including refreshments, lunch, dinner, and social activities – 600€(Member), 750€(Non-Member)
- Course Registration including hotel accommodation, refreshments, lunch, dinner, and social activities – 750€(Member), 950€(Non-Member)
Details about acquiring membership with FORTE can be found in the membership section.
National Societies Sponsorship:
- Registration for 1 trainee all inclusive (Course + Accomodation) – 1000€
- Registration for 3 trainees all inclusive (Course + Accomodation) – 2500€
- Registration for 6 trainees all inclusive (Course + Accomodation) – 4500€
Hotel accommodation is in a two or three-bedroom sharing, prices do not cover single rooms.